The City of Bessemer Electric and Water Service has partnered with NexBillPay to extend an additional payment option for customers interested in using their check, debit card or credit card to pay their bill. NexBillPay is a trusted third party automated payment service that allows you to pay your bill online.
- Bill payments can be made at any time, 24/7/365.
- You will need your customer number and route number from your printed billing statement to complete your bill payment. You may request your customer number and route number by calling The City of Bessemer Electric and Water Service 205-481-4333.
- NexBillPay charges a small service fee for each transaction.
- If your “total due” includes a past due amount, or your services are disconnected or pending disconnection, please contact customer service as soon as possible. Past due balances must be paid in full! Contact Bessemer Utilities customer service at 205-481-4333
How do I use this Service?
Customers will need the following to pay their bill:
1. The City of Bessemer Electric and Water Service customer number and route number (located on your billing statement).
- Click here to view a sample billing statement.
2. The balance owed on your bill (also located on your billing statement).
3. Your payment method: check, debit card, or credit card.
To begin your quick and easy bill payment, either:
Click on the NexBillPay logo above or click here to be routed directly to the secure NexBillPay payment portal.
- What is the Service Fee?
NexBillPay charges a service fee to cover payment handling and all processing charges. Service fee will be calculated and disclosed prior to finishing payment.
- Does The City of Bessemer Electric and Water Service keep any part of the service fee?
The City of Bessemer Electric and Water Service will NEVER keep any part of the NexBillPay service fee. NexBillPay is a separate entity providing a service for all the customers of The City of Bessemer Electric and Water Service.
- How do I get a payment receipt?
After your payment is approved, NexBillPay will email your payment receipt to the email address you provided during the payment process. You can also print your receipt after the transaction is complete.